Friday, November 4, 2016

Good Things Come to Me Now

"GOOD THINGS COME TO ME NOW"

Just a personal prayer spoken softly, quietly in my mind, aloud if I'm alone. I hope this don't seem silly to you. I know the power of things like this, the rhythm, the repetition of a soft harmonic chant sets magic in the air, pulls, draws, give the believer power to attract and power to receive.

Gary Gilmore in letter to Nicole Baker Barrett. Sept. 22, 1976 from the book The Executioner's Song, Norman Mailer.

"If you were really scared, and went through it, and came out on the other side intact, then it was hard not to believe for a little while that  you were on the side of the gods."

"whole fields of the soul could be defoliated and never leave a trace."

"You couldn't drag me up there," said Noall T. Wooton, the country attorney who prosecuted  Gilmore, "I've done my job, I asked for it and got the death penalty - and I believe in it. But execution is a dirty, messy job and I don't want to be part of it."


No comments: